The Queensland Wind Orchestra welcomes you back to the Old Museum Building for their second concert of the 2018 Season: Innovations.
Conducted by David Law, Innovations contains seven works by some QWO favourites: John Mackey’s Frozen Cathedral, James Barnes’ Lonely Beach (Normandy 1944), excerpts from John Williams’ Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and Eric Wilson and Ola Gjeilo’s Sanctus; as well as composers new to QWO: Peter Graham’s Harrison’s Dream, Bruce Broughton’s Concerto for Tuba (featuring Thomas Allely on Tuba), and our very own Samuel Dickenson’s Xenocide.
- BARNES – Lonely Beach (Normandy 1944)
- MACKEY – The Frozen Cathedral
- WILLIAMS trans. BULLA – Excerpts from Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- WILSON & GJEILO – Sanctus
- GRAHAM – Harrison’s Dream
- BROUGHTON – Concerto for Tuba featuring Thomas Allely
- DICKENSON – Xenocide
Conducted by David Law
3PM Saturday, 24 June
Old Museum Building, Concert Hall
Adults $25 | Concession $15 | Children $10
plus $3 venue ticket fees and 2% cc fee
Tickets available now.
Venue:Old Museum Concert Hall
Address:680 Gregory Tce Bowen Hills