Sound and Smoke
Astonishing, breathtaking, and exquisite: the Queensland Wind Orchestra (with special guests Barega Saxophone Quartet) welcomes you back to their final concert of the year at 7pm on Saturday, 10th of December.
Conducted by David Law, Sound and Smoke is a program full of astonishing beauty, breathtaking experiences, and exquisite details. Premiering two pieces to Australian audiences, the Queensland Wind Orchestra’s final concert of the year includes Viet Cuong’s exhilarating Sound and Smoke (Australian premiere), Johan De Meij’s beautiful The Wind in the Willows, Eric Whitacre’s haunting Sleep, My Child from ‘Paradise Lose: Shadows and Wings’, Dan Forrest’s thrilling Grafenburg Variations (Australian premiere), Aaron Copland’s playful Buckaroo Holiday from ‘Rodeo’ and Stephen Sondheim’s well loved Selections from Into the Woods.
Featuring special guests the Barega Saxophone Quartet, the Queensland Wind Orchestra will also present David Maslanka’s extraordinary Concerto for Saxophone Quartet and Wind Ensemble.
- DE MEIJ – The Wind in the Willows
- CUONG – Sound and Smoke (Australian premiere)
- WHITACRE arr. GERSHMAN – Sleep, My Child from ‘Paradise Lost: Shadows and Wings’
- FORREST – Grafenburg Variations (Australian premiere)
- COPLAND arr. MEGAN – Buckaroo Holiday from ‘Rodeo’
- SONDHEIM arr. BULLA – Selections from Into the Woods
- MASLANKA – Concert for Saxophone Quartet and Wind Ensemble with the Barega Saxophone Quartet
Conducted by David Law
7PM Saturday, 10 December
Old Museum Building, Concert Hall
Adults $20 | Concession $15 | Children $1
plus $2.50 venue ticket fees and 2% cc fee
Tickets available online and at the door
Venue:Old Museum Building Concert Hall
Address:480 Gregory Tce Bowen Hills
Date:December 10, 2016