Bold, beautiful, and evocative: the Queensland Wind Orchestra invites you on a journey of discovery at their first concert for the year on March 19.
Presenting works known and unknown, this opener to the 2016 season has grandeur, intimacy, as well as melodies familiar and unknown. Listen to Rachmaninov’s Symphonic Dances No. 1 in a format rarely heard, de Meij’s intriguing Magic Garden, Markowski Ticheli-inspired Shadow Rituals – among many more.
- BARNES – Fantasy Variations
- DE MEIJ – Magic Garden (based on the painting by Paul Klee)
- GRAINGER – The Gum-Suckers March
- MARKOWSKI – Shadow Rituals
- RACHMANINOV – Symphonic Dance No. 1
- REED – A Northern Legend
- REED – A Festive Overture
19 March 2016
7pm start (be early, parking will be limited with another event also at the Old Museum Building)
Old Museum Building Concert Hall
Adults: $20 Concession: $15 Children / Inspire: $10
NB: All prices do not include the venue’s $2.50 ticket fee + 2% credit charge. Credit card facilities available.
Venue:Old Museum Concert Hall
Address:480 Gregory Tce Bowen Hills