In our final concert of the year, the Queensland Wind Orchestra presents you with some of the most exciting wind band music from the past century that has a flavour of the United Kingdom, including Malcolm Arnold's exciting Four Scottish Dances, Leroy Anderson's classic The Irish Washerwoman, Andrew Lloyd Webber's unforgetable Phantom of the Opera, Philip Sparke's amazing The Year of the Dragon, Edward Elgar's enchanting Nimrod (from Enigma Variations), William Walton's classy Crown Imperial – A Coronation March, and the breathtaking Awayday by Adam Gorb.
We'll be at a different venue for this concert: the Hanrahan Theatre (within the Augustine Centre), at Villanova College, Coorparoo.
- Four Scottish Dances – Malcolm Arnold (arr. John P Paynter)
- The Irish Washerwoman – Leroy Anderson
- Selections from Phantom of the Opera – Andrew Lloyd Webber (arr. Warren Barker)
- The Year of the Dragon – Philip Sparke
- Nimrod – Edward Elgar
- Crown Imperial – A Coronation March – William Walton
- Awayday – Adam Gorb
Venue:Hanrahan Theatre (Augustine Centre), Villanova College
Address:24 Sixth Avenue, Coorparoo QLD 4151
Date:Saturday, 6th December